The Pagan-Gnostic tree of ecumenism, in it's current form, began in the 19th century, centered around Tubingen, Germany and the Protestant Ultra-liberal Theological school named after it; in the 20th century the Orthodox Church has helped promote it to try and be acknowledged as the only true church -- this effort on the part of the Orthodox failed, but has caused great harm. Ecumenism is based on the higher criticism and has many Masonic ties. It is an evil tree (a recapitulation of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil from which, in the Garden of Eden, the devil tempted Eve and through her Adam). The evil fruits of that evil tree are:
1) Evolution. Instead, therefore, preach only God Who through His Son and Word created the heaven and the earth in six days; He said so:
Ex. 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heaven and the earth, and the sea, and all things that are in them, and rested on the seventh day: therefore the Lord blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it.
2) Setting the false (i.e. pagan) religions on the same footing as the only true faith and religion, which is in Christ. Instead, therefore, let ecumenism be damned, absolutely anathema.
3) Abortion. Or that marriage is evil. Instead, therefore, absolutely oppose this modern murder of the little holy innocents. Also, absolutely oppose the gnostic idea condemned by the Church Fathers (St. Irenaeus, St. Hippolytus et al) that marriage is somehow wrong. Jesus was truly born (St. Ignatius of Antioch) of the virgin Mary. God the Father by the Holy Spirit espoused Mary with her fiat to be His Immortal Son’s earthly Mother.
St. Paul said:
1 ¶ Now the Spirit manifestly saith that in the last times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to spirits of error and doctrines of devils,
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy and having their conscience seared,
3 Forbidding to marry, to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving by the faithful and by them that have known the truth. (DRV)
22b In this you follow "the precepts and doctrines of men,"
23 they have, to be sure, a show of wisdom in self made piety and humiliation and bodily chastisement, but have no merit, and lead to the full gratification of the flesh.
These man made conventions denying marriage, and which lead to fornication and adultery and abortion, which the gnostics took from the pagan mystery cults, were condemned by the Apostles.
4) Depravity. Instead, therefore, don't.
5) Anti-Catholicism which includes anti-Orthodoxy. See number 6) Instead, therefore,....
6) The evangelical charismatic movement with it's emphasis on: money, politics for the sake of money,every Gnostic doctrine ever condemned by the Church, especially the secret rapture which is Cabalistic Docetic denial of the Resurrection and teaching of “Christian Zionism” – and is therefore absolute apostasy. Instead, therefore, excommunicate the so-called 'evangelical' so-called 'church' (not to be confused with traditional sincere Trinitarian Protestant and sincere local community and house churches).
7) Vatican II with especially it's proposition of the Pope as a man-god; Vatican I, which was an attempt at this in imitation of the German higher criticism, was never closed and never formally promulgated and therefore is not declared in Catholic Canon Law. Bartholomew I is imitating this nonsense just like the one who was guilty of this in 588 A.D., namely John the Faster of Constantinople who called himself the Ecumenical Bishop (Bishop of all the Church). Instead, therefore, call no man Father on earth, for One is your Father, He Who is in heaven.
8) The European socialist movement with it's obvious anti-Christian polemic, bias, sneering pseudo-law making and underhanded nasty provocation of areas of the world, especially the middle east. My neighbor, a Persian grocer, has known for years where Osama bin Laden is hiding so I know that our administration does. They just want to prolong this to bring about a totalitarian state in the U.S. and wage “Israel’s” unjust wars of aggression (both the Republicans and the Democrats are guilty of this). Instead, therefore, vote your conscience only and NOT political expediency.
9) So-called courts in the U.S. acting in imitation of the european law-smashing legalisms, especially our Supreme Court, and President Bush eavesdropping on everyone. Instead, therefore, impeach the Supreme Court, and Bush and their co-conspirators the Congress.
Ecumenists and their vague Jesus are no different than the Gnostics and are going to hell with them.
It is just about Jesus. True enough. The problem is that those words could come from the mouth of St. Paul (an Apostle of the true Christ) or Simon Magus (one of the prime founders of Gnosticism) with absolutely different and absolutely eternally diametrically opposed meanings. Correct doctrine and prayer governed thereby in its form and a life lived according to correct doctrine are of primary importance in any real confession of Jesus Christ as Lord and therefore Saviour.
We do understand!
The proponents of paganism and false ecumenism all whine that we “just don’t understand” – the point is we do understand. They lie like the devil. What else would you expect?
The diabolically absurd idea of ecumenism began in the late 6th (500’s) A.D. century in the Eastern Church. Later, the Pope got jealous and decided he wanted it for himself. In all cases it is the example of men bowing before the temptation of Satan. The devil even tried to tempt Jesus Christ with this but Jesus totally rejected this temptation of the devil – see Gospel of St. Luke Chapter 4. It was in the East as well that the pagan worship of images was promoted throughout the centuries, while in the West the use of images to teach but not to worship them was the tradition, as well as the original tradition in the East. It was also in the East that the ecumenical idea of a universal bishop was thought up.
See the letters (epistles) of Pope St. Gregory the Great (died 604 A.D.) concerning the “proud and pestiferous title of ecumenical” and “images” andthe Patriarch of Constantinople calling himself the Universal (Ecumenical) Bishop.
TO EUSEBIUS OF THESSALONICA.
Be it known then to your Fraternity that John, formerly bishop of the city of Constantinople, against God, against the peace of the Church, to the contempt and injury of all priests, exceeded the bounds of modesty and of his own measure, and unlawfully usurped in synod the proud and pestiferous title of ecumenical, that is to say, universal. When our predecessor Pelagius of blessed memory became aware of this, he annulled by a fully valid censure all the proceedings of that same synod,
TO CYRIACUS, PATRIARCH OF CONSTANTINOPLE.
Gregory to Cyriacus, &c.
Observing diligently, most dear brother, how great is the virtue of peace from the Lord's voice, which says, My peace I give unto you (John. xiv. 27), it becomes us so to abide in the love thereof as in no wise to give place to discord. But, since we cannot otherwise live in its root except by retaining in mind and in deed the humility which the very author of peace has taught, we entreat you with befitting charity, that, treading down with the foot of your heart the profane elation which is always hostile to souls, you make haste to remove from the midst of the Church the offence of a perverse and proud title (ecumenical [universal] Bishop – see above EPISTLE LXVIII), lest you should possibly be found divided from the society of our peace. But let there be in us one spirit, one mind, one charity, one bond in Christ, who has willed us to be his members. For let your Holiness consider how hard it is, how indecent, how cruel, how alien from the aim of a priest, not to have that peace which you preach to others, and so abstain from offending your brethren out of pride. But study this rather, how you may prostrate with the sword of humility the author of vain and profitless elation, to the end that in such a victory the grace of the Holy Spirit may claim you as a habitation for Himself, so that what is written may be plainly fulfilled in you; the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are (2 Cor. vi. 16).
We commend to you in all things the bearer of these presents, our most beloved common son, the deacon Boniface, that in whatsoever may be needful he may find, as is becoming, the succour of your Holiness.